The Lumo API indicates the success or failure of an API request using HTTP response codes and verbose JSON responses.
- 200 OK: All succesful requests with be responded to with a 200 status code
- 400 Bad Request: This status is used for invalid parameter values, such as a negative timestamp, or a start time earlier than an end time.
- 401 Unauthorized: Requests made with an expired OAuth token will be met with a 401.
- 403 Forbidden: Accessing an endpoint in a way that requires a scope you do not have- i.e. trying to PUT to /users when you do not have the write_profile scope, or GET /users when you do not have the read_profile scope will result in a 403.
- 404 Not Found: Attempting to access a non-existent endpoint will cause a 404
- 500 Server errors: If the Lumo backend experiences a problem processing your request, we will return a 500.